Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Roy Blunt: From Missouri To Washington D.C.

From the Turner Report come this observation, complete with visual aids:

For those who ask how Seventh District Congressman Roy Blunt has changed from the time he left Missouri to serve in Congress until today, this should clear things up.
ROY BLUNT IN MISSOURI
ROY BLUNT IN WASHINGTON

Here are my Before And After Pictures:

ROY BLUNT IN MISSOURI

ROY BLUNT IN WASHINGTON

btw---I am searching for that wonderful "merry-go-round" television commercial that Blunt ran in the 1992 primary against William Webster. Anyone else remember it? I do. It was about the 2nd injury fund. Surely it's on videotape somewhere.

p.s. --- be sure to read The Turner Report's post on "The Seduction of Roy Blunt".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that commercial with the lawyers and their briefcases on a carousel.

You know, Republicans blamed Carnahan for Webster going to jail and I always had to remind them "Roy boy" took Webster out NOT Carnahan. Roy was garbage in the Republican Party for doing it too.

Now they think the sun rises on the sleazy so and so.

Unknown said...

Boy oh boy, that Roy Blunt sure is a good Christian!!! I can't count the times I heard old Secretary of State Roy tell the story of a young Matt Blunt retrieving mail from the mail box and asking his daddy "who is the ""Horrible Roy Blung"", daddy?" Seems quite prophetic, if you ask me!

Anonymous said...

It has been said that he had the traditional Jewish marriage in New York and that he changed his religion to Jewish. No Rabi would preform a traditional Jewish marriage if he did not switch religions. A very good Jewish lady from Springfield (now deceased) told me that. Apparently she said there were pics in Vogue Magazine of him and the little woman tying the knot and throwing their glasses into the fireplace bla, bla, bla.....I just wonder how that sits with his Christian base. They are hardly Jesus lovers.