Friday, February 18, 2011

I think I'll let the mystery be



Everybody's wondering what and where they all came from
Everybody's worrying 'bout where they're gonna go
When the whole thing's done
Nobody knows for certain,
And so it's all the same to me
I Think I'll just let the mystery be

Some say once gone, you're gone forever
Some say you're gonna come back
Some say you rest in the arms of the Savior
If in sinful ways you lack
Some say that they're comin' back in a garden
Bunch of carrots and little sweet peas
I Think I'll just let the mystery be

Some say they're going to place called Glory
And I ain't sayin' it ain't a fact
But I've heard that I'm on the road to purgatory
And I don't like the sound of that
I believe in love and I live my life accordingly
But I choose to let the mystery be

Today is my Dad's birthday. He would have been 87.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Iris DeMint-a fine singer and a fine tribute. I have several of her CDs.

That prompted me to do some subtracting...the first week of March my dad would have been 90.

And his birthday request would be Mahalia Jackson belting out "Go Tell it on the Mountain".

pp