Friday, August 03, 2007

You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?

McCarthy, not Eugene In 1968 I cut my hair for Eugene McCarthy.
I was going to blog about the Senate passing Bush's spy bill....which allows wiretaps without court orders, and about Rove and Harriet disin' congress but I thought what's the use. I was surfin through the blogs I regularly visit and found this posting by Bob Ranney

Enough is Far Too Much
Current mood: frustrated
Category: News and Politics

Sorry for the late posting. I actually posted this at about 7 this morning, but when I checked it just now, it was not up, so I am posting it again. This time maybe it will stick!

The Bush administration is so vile that trying to write about it has become tedious. I hate to keep saying the same thing over and over, but watching Alberto Gonzales before the Senate Judiciary Committee and not watching Harriet Miers or dick Cheney before the same committee (by virtue of Bush's refusal to honor congressional subpoenas) is enough to gag me on my own bile.

Hasn't anyone else had enough? Is there no Senator on that committee with enough integrity to say, "Have you no shame, sir? Have you no shame?" (For those too young to know - those are the questions finally put to Senator Joe McCarthy after his reign of ideological terror in the 1950s.)

Sorry I don't have more to say today, but it does seem impossible to me that our elected officials continue to treat BushCo as though they were due some respect. I say we ought to just tar and feather the whole lot and run them out of town on a rail.

I can't stand it any more. Somebody do something, PLEASE!!

Be the change you wish to see in the world. -- M. K. Gandhi

Individually we have little voice. Collectively we cannot be ignored.
But in silence we surrender our power. Yours in Peace -- BR

At long last Mr. President , have you no sense of decency? Have you no shame, Sir?

Here is a link to his blog.

No comments: