Sunday, July 29, 2007

I'd Voter For Her


"Since Xmas vacation, I’ve gone through three and a half metamorphoses and am beginning to feel as though there is a smorgasbord of personalities spread before me. So far, I've used alienated academic, involved pseudo-hippie, educational and social reformer and one-half of withdrawn simplicity," Hilary Rodham, 1967

1967 was a different world. It was the summer of love, the summer of introspection. I really believed we could change the world. I will write more about 1967 later, but suffice to say I was so into myself, totally and cosmically. that I didn't realize it. Looking back, I am embarassed by some of the things I did and thought. (A bj's a bj, if you really loved me...and this was the summer of love) My world revolved around two things: Me and that's enough talk about me. Let's talk about you, do you like my shirt? Now, my wife says I am egocentric. But in 1967 I thought I was living on the edge. Evidently I wasn't the only one.

No comments: