Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Blunt Town Hall Meeting Phone Call

Somehow our household is on this phone list. This is the fourth or fifth call we have gotten in the past year or two. Usually I hang up but this evening I stayed on.

The call was joined in progress. Blunt mentioned he had twenty minutes left. Most of the questions appeared to be screened, I followed the directions to ask a question, but didn't get on.

The questioners had a hard time realizing when they were on the air. Blunt would say something like, "we now go to the Russell house in Springfield or who ever is on the line" and then there was that comedy of errors, hello, you talking to me?

Of the calls I heard, and I typed comments on the questions, as I had the phone on speaker phone and I didn't spell check, none of them were "hard" questions.

Some of them were so blatantly partisan that I almost hung up.

Everything that is going on in the world and this country, and Blunt still says Sadam Hussein harbored terrorists.

Bush===we are in Iraq for the sake of your kids and grandkids.
Chertoff====I got a gut feeling we'll be attacked this summer
Blunt====we do have enemies and they are opposed to the way we live.

The word of today is .....scare the heck out of everyone. do all these messages seem synchronized?

No comments: