Tuesday, April 14, 2009

You Can't Tell The Players Without A Scorecard (Privileged and Confidential)


While driving Bus down the tubes year ago January, we observed staff of city doesn't use articles when speaking.

Bus riders will now know from reading this privileged and confidential memorandum (Do not be concerned, you, as a frequent rider of the Bus, ARE privileged and, confidentially, I know you will keep this under your hat) that Dan, author of this privileged and confidential memorandum, consistently refers to his boss, in the text of this official document, a privileged and confidential memorandum, by his first name.

Everyone mentioned in this privileged and confidential memorandum (please don't ask me how I got it!) has a first name, a last name and a title. Except for Greg. When I read about "Greg of City Charter" in this privileged and confidential memorandum, I wondered if this was someone like Lawrence of Arabia or Brad of Brangelina. Some people, they don't need a last name. People like Cher or Liza or even Louis.

But this curious "staff-speak" is not unique to Dan. Fellow blogger and citizen journalist Jackehammer received the following email from Louise, also of "The City".

"Dan works for Greg. Greg asked him to review the allegations...Dan did that...Dan will comply. I have copied Dan on these e-mails and he can certainly respond further if he would like to add anything else."


Following are some photos of some people who have first names.

This is a picture of Greg:
This is a picture of Dan
This is a picture of another Dan
This is a picture of Louise
This is a picture of another Louise and some guys named Dave and Jim
This is a picture of another Jim
This is a picture of Ryan
This is a picture of Jason
This is a picture of Bill
This is a picture of Jack
This is a picture of Jackhammer
This is a picture of Bus
And here is a link to some better busing tips.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

To: Bus
cc: Louise
Larry
Moe
Curley

What a bunch of cotton pickers.

I'm partial to Greg Peck- especially his classic role in Moby.

Dick said...

Not me, I like this Dick, this Dick and this Dick, not a Moby one in the bunch!

Horse-farmer said...

Glad I don't live in the Queen City of the Ozarks!

Waht did they say?????

Anonymous said...

Excuse me "Jim"-- if that is indeed your name -- but you just sent me an unsolicited email that contained information that was almost too funny to read. I am now in stitches and I want me a lawyer.

Please do not violate my cyperspace again in this unholy a manner. I must survive living in this corrupt metropolis and I don't need any trenchant reminders of just what hell that is.

What the hell WAS that by the way? Only the first page came through and, in what the City does so well, it was nonsensical. Could you fill in the blankety blank blank blanks?

Anonymous said...

I can't tell the blankety blank blank blanks from the hardy har har har hars

Bus Rider said...

What does he say all the time?

Oh yeah,

The third largest city in the state is governed by volunteers and run by Greg and Dan.