Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mapping The Blogosphere

Yesterday, I had a rambling phone call from a man who said, and I paraphrase, that nobody reads blogs. I said that a lot of people read and ride the bus. He clarified his statement and said nobody who is anybody reads blogs. I told him that frequent if not daily bus riders reach the bus through government servers in Jefferson City and Washington D.C.

So, in an attempt to convince my dubious friend, who has a blog by the way, it is one of the ones linked on my list of blogs I frequent, I found a hyperbolic computer model of how blogs are interconnected. It sorta looks like a dump truck driving down a bunch of tubes, if you squint your eyes enough.

Oh, that big white spot in the middle...that's the Bus. And that stuff about 2 o'clock, that's his blog ;> (it's not LOJ.)

1 comment:

Jason said...

Who does he define as "anybody"? I know for a fact that people within the city government structure read your blog daily. For this area, that is people who matter.