Tuesday, May 15, 2007

John Ashcroft: I Salute and Thank You!


There have been so many lies and distortions in the Bush presidency that nothing surprises me anymore. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, Gonzoles, Rove, the whole bunch of them have turned our government into partisan slop--from the white house offices to the fee offices. I didn't trust them then and I don't trust them now.
Doesn't anyone have the guts to tell the emperor he has no clothes?
Someone did, couple of years ago, it was mentioned briefly in the news last year, now it has made congressional hearing.

I cheered when he lost to a dead man. I lampooned him when he covered up the breasts in the hall of justice. I mocked him when he sang "Let the eagles soar". I laughed at him when I saw him in Staples on North Kansas Expressway trying to buy a fax machine, dressed in his cowboy clothes, wearing a leather cowboy belt with "JOHN A" stamped in white letters on the back. I told my co-shoppers that's how he knows which clothes are his.

John Ashcroft, I apologize to you. You had the courage to stand up for what is right. You alone held true to your beliefs. Even though I don't agree with your politics all the time,in this case I admire and respect your convictions and sense of balance.

I salute and thank you.

Read about it here. And here, in this article fromJanuary, 2006.

No comments: