Saturday, October 04, 2008

That Wink And Little Starbursts In Your Living Room

Rich Lowry:

A very wise TV executive once told me that the key to TV is projecting through the screen. It's one of the keys to the success of, say, a Bill O'Reilly, who comes through the screen and grabs you by the throat. Palin too projects through the screen like crazy. I'm sure I'm not the only male in America who, when Palin dropped her first wink, sat up a little straighter on the couch and said, "Hey, I think she just winked at me." And her smile. By the end, when she clearly knew she was doing well, it was so sparkling it was almost mesmerizing. It sent little starbursts through the screen and ricocheting around the living rooms of America. This is a quality that can't be learned; it's either something you have or you don't, and man, she's got it.
You're sure you are not the only male in America who thought "Hey, I think she just winked at me."? But I do think you were the only male in America sitting on his couch ...well Keith Olbermann expressed it best last night...(Do you think Rich was eating Cheetos while he watched the debate?)

Meanwhile, Joe Six-pack, shown below, was so consummated by the thought of Sarah Palin winking at him, he had to rest.

2 comments:

Jackie Melton said...

Methinks Palin has you worried you, Jim.

It'd be a sad turn of events if she garnered the same sort of mania that Obama has garnered wouldn't it? ;) (That's a WINK, I hope it projected well).

Busplunge said...

I appreciate your wit!

wink, wink!

;>