Friday, July 17, 2009

And That's The Way We Saw It, Friday, July 17, 2009.

I was sitting on the back porch with my son Jim, my grandson Austin and our friends Scott and Callie. We making weekend plans for the lake and comparing notes on how much money we spent for meals eaten out today. Scott and Callie spent $19.00 for breakfast at Gallie's Drug. I took Trey, Austin and myself to Arby's on South Campbell where three combo meals cost me $19.95 (which included over a buck and a quarter in sales tax).

Suddenly, about 9:52 PM we heard shells exploding. It sounded like south-central/south-west Springfield was being carpet bombed. At that exact moment, I saw on the television that Walter Cronkite had died.
Scott, Jim and Austin quickly informed me that the exploding shells had nothing to do with Cronkite's death or what we consumed this day. It was all a big coincidence. In Springfield, whenever the home team wins a game, shells explode at Sportman's Park to celebrate another win for the Springfield Cardinals.
And that's the way it is, Friday, July 17, 2009.

Oh yeah, it's called "Hammons Field", not Sportsman's Park.
ps-- moon landing or capricorn one?Can anyone tell the difference?

No comments: