Wednesday, April 06, 2011

I've been busy... Airstream busy

In 2007, Regina and I bought an older Airstream trailer.

We fixed it up and went on a couple of trips in it.

Then it sat for two years.

This Spring, we decided to either use it or sell it.

Using it won.

Last weekend I contracted out the polishing, ran into a couple of setbacks and this week, the polishing is finished.

It looks great.

I will be putting in a new refrigerator this week also.

The trailer as we picked it up.

Bringing the trailer home, on top of a mountain in West Virginia somewhere---blue highway, road was closed due to a truck slide off at the bottom of the mountain.

Interior before restoration started

Working on the interior.

interior pieces in our garage

Interior finished.

One of our first trips, I think we're in Kansas.

Wanderlust Campground, Eureka Springs Arkansas, April 1, 2011. The polish job is not finished.

Polishing finished



7 comments:

Sara said...

Now you need to go to one of those Airstream gatherings.

Anonymous said...

Again, Woowwweeeeeeeee!

Anonymous said...

Looking good. infact brand new looking.

have fun traveling this summer.

tom

Timeshare Jake said...

The tube-like interior reminds you of a private plane.

Anonymous said...

Jim, I hate to break this to you BUT, in case you don't know....Beck wrecked.

FOX finally canceled that raving drunken lunatics show. I never watched much....just a few times....the blackboard....it resembled Beck's confused and deranged mind. What a mess.

I breathe a sigh of relief.

Next stop Hannity.

d5thouta5 said...

spent a night in that four wheeled wonder once...after an afternoon and evening of consuming adult beverages with the bus and the longroffan....seemed way too short as I bedded late and arose early...but it was comfortable, and at least I can say,
I slept away the night's darkness in an Airstream...

longrooffan said...

Jim (and Ganey0: That camper is absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad you are finally able to get it in "ship shape" and hope you get to enjoy it this summer. I also, faintly, remember crashing in it that night with thejeepjunkie and it was a great evening. Hope to have another real soon. Great job Jim.