Monday, December 29, 2008

Our New Neighbor....

The Private RN and I drove down to Rockaway Beach this morning to check on the cabins and take care of some business.

The yellow cabin next door, which last month had a blue roof, has occupants now: a short, skinny man with bad teeth and a not so skinny woman. It also has trash strewn all over the yard.

No, Longrooffan, it's not those two. It's a different short man and not so skinny woman. They appeared to be related though because they had about the same attitude.

So, as I am walking around the cabins checking them out- basically looking to see that all doors and windows are shut, no leaking faucets, no broken pipes, no external damage - as I walk around the NE corner of the cabin, I hear a barking and see a BFD come charging at me!

(BFD= Big F---ing Dog) I beat a hasty retreat around back of the cabin. I didn't know how long the chain was.

The dog is barking, loudly. I tell the Private RN this don't look good.

The door to the yellow cabin opens. Out comes the short skinny man.

I recognize him. He used to live in the red cabin on the other side of the yellow cabin.

Last Fall I had given him all the beer that was in the cabin icebox since the fourth of July - about a case and a half -- and asked him to keep an eye on the cabins over the winter.

Now he seems to be living in the yellow cabin. He comes out and says hi to me.

I tell him that his dog charged me and this summer when all the grandkids are down, it wouldn't do to have the dog that close to our cabins.

The not so skinny lady sticks her head out the door and tells me it is a friendly dog.

I told her it is chained up with a log chain, how effin friendly do you have to be to be tied up with a log chain.

I also told her it charged me and I would address the matter this summer.

She told me it was her right to have a dog.

Meanwhile, the dog keeps barking.

to be continued.....

6 comments:

Horse-farmer said...

That's what 9mm and 45 cal are for.
Dog comes charging me and can access my property, I can defend my animals.
Bang Bang, it looks like a pit bull and pit bulls are kid killers.
Let me know when to come down.

longrooffan said...

One night, when you are really feeling fast and that dog is sleeping, put a bowl of antifreeze within the reach of that chain.

d5thouta5 said...

come on longroof...that's the best you can come up with.....in the best interest of the owners of the two cabins that you were checking for internal or external damage due to the lastest cold weather that passed through the area, in would seem that a COMPLETE winterization would be needed.... if memory serves me correct, then yes ethenolclyocal would be in order....you know, the undiluted type common in preventing water from freezing...remember that this is a very sweet liquid that is pleasing to the taste yet causes an extremely painful slow non-reverabel death when consumed into the digestive system....be careful when useing this product and do not leave any open containers of this product left laying around so that animals can drink it...it is deadly and takes about three days to cause death.....so please be careful when using this product....
about a cup full will knock down a hundred pound animal......

d5thouta5 said...

oh forgot one thing.....that chain that is holding the dog would work really great for the kid's jeep....you know when he gets stuck and needs to be pulled out by another large truck.....it appears to be bigger than the one he currently owns....see if the little man and the big woman will sell it to me.....

Lil Jim said...

I always bring a gun down with me, but would hate that there's even a chance of an issue with the kids...

Lil Mom said...

I'm not saying it is or isn't a mean dog. There is usually nobody there in the winter, then here comes someone walking around the house. It did what dogs do. Now I'm not going to test it's niceness with Trey,Austin,or Sophie but if the dog minds it's business I will too.