Sunday, February 14, 2010

Track Repairs Cause Red Flag Delay In Daytona 500 Race

My little brother Edward, who lives in Daytona Beach, FL, filed this report about the Daytona 500 BEFORE the race was redflagged for a pothole:

What A Way To Spend The Day! seems that the horsefarmer and family are curled up trying to stay warm....

The bus is looking for a warm place to watch the race....

The longrooffan is tied up with a close intimate friend....

BBB is lounging poolside enjoying a beverage from the islands trying to keep his hands off his better half...

So while all of this is going on, the kid and I decide to venture out to the track to watch the race in person.....

Bundle up and head south....

Couple of stops along the way and we are soon in the infield looking for a parking spot.....

Waved to all of you, hope you were able to see me....

I was the guy in blue standing on the track at the start/finish line.....

Look close when the cars go by and you can see where I signed my name on the wall at the line.....

Hooked up with a buddy and went walking to see the sites....heard/saw Tim McGraw.....missed his hot wife....

Saw a whole lot of money tied up in race cars.....

Got Micheal Waltrip to sign a ball cap for me.....

Almost got run over by several pit carts.....

"The kid" FINALLY asked if I had fulfilled my obligation to attend the race.....DAMN STRAIGHT... what took so long for him to ask I have yet to figure out....

So we headed back to the short hairpin for the Rolex race where we had parked and proceeded to head home.....

Read the horsefarmer's blog and saw photos he posted of his back yard...best part of those photos are they are his back yard, and not mine.....

The kid's sister and the sun goddess are out shopping and the kid and I are now in the comfort of our own home watching the "Great American Race".....

Unlike the longrooffan I seldom carry a camera around for photos but today I did.....unfortunately it is the longroof's and photos will have to wait until he down loads them.....

But know that this morning, the kid and I, along with about 250000 other people.........

CELEBRATED LIFE........

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dumb Rednecks.

Busplunge said...

Watching track repair right now, look at how the wind is whipping the pants legs of the track repairmen.

Oh, Old DW just said it isn't winding, just the jet dryers trying to cure the track repair.

Busplunge said...

HEY ED! I just saw you waving!

Three attempts to finish under the green.

d5thouta5 said...

Glad you saw me waving...once again NASCAR
Non-
Athletic-
Sport-
Centered-
Around-
Rednecks
has put a bandaid on a permenant problem....
the race should finish about midnight CST.....

Horse-farmer said...

Doesn't matter when,

Jamie and Johnnie are happy tonight

why didn't they just put a yellow cone over the hole and treat it like REAL red neck driving??