Friday, March 14, 2008

Park Sales Tax Generates $3 Million Dollars For Flower Garden

From the Proposed Botanical Garden's website:

As of Dec. 31, 2007, about $475,000 is still needed prior to the 2009 construction start date for the $4.3 million Botanical Center.
The Springfield-Greene County Parks sales tax that was passed in 2006 will generate $3 million to be used toward the construction of the Botanical Center. Another $500,000 is available from the City of Springfield, the Greene County Commission and early donors.
“The passage of the parks tax has made it possible for us to move forward with this project. We have community support and that is evident in those coming forward to help,” said Susan Boswell, chair of the Friends Of the Garden development committee.

I like flowers. I like policemen and firemen too. In fact, I think I like police and firemen more than I like flowers. Until this pension mess is fixed, I think I would much rather spend my sales tax money on police and fireman than flowers, wouldn't you?God bless the police and firemen.

How can something as beautiful as the Ox-eyed daisy, (Chrysanthemum leucanthemum, Asteraceae) be bad for us? The flower is classified in Missouri as a noxious weed.

No comments: