Sunday, December 02, 2007

Larry Craig Action Figure: I Am Not Gay, I Never Have Been Gay

Just in time for Christmas, the Larry Craig Action Figure. I had seen this several places on the web, however when I went to find a photo of it to illustrate this posting, I couldn't find it. I did find a possible rendition of Larry Craig:
This started out to be a post about the Larry Craig action figure ("I am not gay. I have never been gay"), but the Idaho Statesman brought this line of posting to a screeching halt.
The the December 2, 2007 issue of the Idaho Statesman:

More gay men describe sexual encounters with U.S. Sen. Craig
Allegations made since news of the Minneapolis case broke lend weight to rumors about Craig.
Read the Statesman's story here.

Craig also is purported to have had sex with the guy who had sex with Ted Haggard. Small world.

But more troubling, Craig still doesn't get it. His denials to the obvious led the Idaho Statesman to dig deeper until the whole sordid affair raised its ugly head. Did the paper have a vendetta against Craig? Was Craig his own worst enemy?

Should we out gay politicians, like Craig, who are anti-gay?
One blogger said this about outing as a political weapon::
I actually have no problem with outing politicians who sign legislation making it illegal to do things they do themselves. If a closeted gay politician signs onto an act that would exclude gay people from participating fully in society, then I suspect it's for political gain. He wants to keep his job. If he didn't sign onto the legislation, he'd not be elected next time around maybe.

So guess what? I'm going to let his constituents know he's gay. And I'm going to do it - yup - for political gain.

No comments: