Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Crown Molding

Yesterday, while surfing Craigslist, The PvtRN saw that Habitat for Humanity had received a huge shipment of crown molding and sent me out there to scope it out.

I came home with 256 feet of HDF 5 1/2 inch crown molding, pre-primed. I went up to Westlake and got a gallon of high gloss white enamel and started painting the molding in the garage last night.
I shoulda learned a lesson from staining the bathroom cabinets in the garage at night, there is not enough light and it is too easy to miss spots or not get an even coat. So this morning I am second coating the molding.

We will soon have crown molding in the house. I have been watching youtube videos on how to cut it, there is a method.
ps--I used to know a guy whose name was Charlie Farley--there's a certain rhythm to that name. His given name was Charles Ulmer Farley--I think maybe his father had a funny sense of humor. Chuck, as his friends called him, was in the real estate business and a really nice guy who never had an unkind word to say about anyone. When ever I read something that someone posts about me that is a little bit unkind, or I feel that I have been treated poorly, I always think of Chuck and how he would have handled the mean spirited criticism.

1 comment:

Horse-farmer said...

Hey....
as long as you're doing your house, how about doing mine .....

good deal in making, except lots of work too....