Sunday, June 28, 2009

BILLY MAYS DIES...STRUCK HIS HEAD DURING ROUGH PLANE LANDING...SUBDURAL HEMATOMA?


BILLY MAYS DIED AT HIS HOME IN FLORIDA.

HE WAS A PITCHMAN WHO MADE IT GOOD SELLING OXYCLEAN AND OTHER STUFF.

I AM SHOUTING IN HIS MEMORY.

ps--- RIP local artist Nick Owens who passed over yesterday.

About the artist
Born...Springfield, MO 1978

Resides...Springfield, MO

Bio...I(Nick Owens) began painting at an early age. having grown up in a creative household I was always encouraged to experiment with a variety of activities. Growing up in the skateboarding community I was exposed to the two most influential things in my life, and my art, punk rock and street art. I moved to Nashville in 1995 and that's when I really started to pursue art. I am directly influenced by the world i live in and I'm naturally drawn to urban city life. as I move around a lot, often times images of the city I'm living in will appear in my work. I thrive on excitement and that also is a prevalent theme in my paintings. i like to experiment with obscure metaphors to tell a story within my work. Although I work primarily on canvas or panel, I have recently been doing some mural projects which I personally think are important in the promotion of the arts in a community. I've done several exhibitions in Springfield, MO; New York, NY; Chicago, Il; Norfolk, Va and most recently Kansas City, MO. I currently live in Springfield but I'm planning a trip to Mexico City later this summer.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Thanks, Dad, for a note about my friend Nick.

randi said...

hmmm, very nice of your DAD