Friday, December 10, 2010

Dear Luke Scott, please shut up


From the Huffington Post:

Baltimore Orioles outfielder Luke Scott was at baseball's winter meetings on Tuesday and discussed President Barack Obama with David Brown of Yahoo's Big League Stew. Scott slammed Obama, claiming that he does not represent America and that he was not born in the United States. "He was not born here. That's my belief. I was born here," Scott ranted. "If someone accuses me of not being born here, I can go -- http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifwithin 10 minutes -- to my filing cabinet and I can pick up my real birth certificate and I can go, 'See? Look! Here it is. Here it is.' The man has dodged everything. He dodges questions, he doesn't answer anything. And why? Because he's hiding something." The 32-year-old went on to say that there is no legal documentation of Obama.
LTE in the Baltimore Sun:
Dear Luke Scott

Yes, you do have an absolute right to your opinions and to state them publicly, regardless of how ridiculous they might be. You also have the right to brag about killing helpless animals, barbaric as that might be. Finally, you have the right to point to the sky to thank God when you get a base hit, though I think it is rather pompous and egotistical to think that God cares what you do on the baseball field.

Having said all that, I would offer a piece of advice…just shut up.
Read the transcript of Scott's conversation here on Big League Stew

4 comments:

The CDM said...

It appears that we have both had our fill of birthers recently. When will these idiots ever learn? Oh yeah, they have to hear it on Faux News first, THEN they'll believe it.

Anonymous said...

Another, fact-filled a**shot from CDM.

Anonymous said...

This confirms my opinion of most sports figures. They're a waste of America's time and money.

And they're dumb.

-Angelfire-

JL said...

I would assume that there are rather vigorous hoops through which one has to jump when one decides to run for POTUS. Don't you think that if someone running for the office wasn't a natural-born citizen, that the powers that be would have figured that out by now? I mean, it's probably something that gets settled before they even let you on the ticket.