Saturday, November 24, 2007

Automobile Thrill Shows






This is the cover photo of the definative book on Lucky Lee Lott. The book can be purchased here.


To that commenter who continues to leave comments on this post. Please tell me which photos are your and I will gladly remove them. Most of these came from youtube or flickr.com. I am sorry is I used some of your photos. A lot of the photos that are on this post can be found in several different places on the web (the car jumping over the truck,for example). Some were obtained from ephemera dealers. Please tell me what website you think the photos were originally posted. There are several thrill show sites and, as a matter of fact, my wife's father often booked thrill shows in the midwest in the forties, he owned a carnival and booked in attractions. Most of his contemporaries would, I am sure, appreciate the publicity of being posted on several blogs. Regardless, let me know which photos are yours and I will gladly remove them.

If applicable, the following applies:

All content appearing on this Web site is the property of Stunt World 1.com Copyright © 1990-2007. All rights reserved. As a user, you are authorized only to view, copy, print, and distribute documents on this Web site so long as (1) the document is used for informational purposes only, and (2) any copy of the document (or portion thereof) includes the following copyright notice:Stunt World 1.com Copyright ®1920 to 2007 All rights reserved.

Hell of Hell Man from Hell has been called has left a new comment on your post "Automobile Thrill Shows":
The info in this blog is all stollen from other webpages
Where working on locating this induvidual who is stilling our hell drivers info and posting it here on this blog.
REWARD FOR ANY INFO ON THIS BLOGER
received 12.25.2007.
Your has unreal as it gets, Dont you have your own stuff to post from your wife's days
Stop using our stuff to make yourself look big,were watching you.
I'll talk to the others about charging you a fee for posting any of our Helldrivers stuff with-out permission.
Who the hell do you think you are.
You best just move on and take your bullshit want a be show out of my face.
Now please kindly find some other suckers to build you name with.
Because knowning on this blog of yours belong's to you.
Dont you have you own stuff to post.
You wasted my time to this point
PLEASE DONT TOY WITH US
Have a nice life.
received 12.26.2007

Update 12.26.2007
I have received two more emails from the anonymous commentator. Here is a copy of an email I sent to the stuntworld or stuntdriver website:
My wife's father used to own a carnival and often booked Aut Swenson's Thrill Show with his carnival. In the late 1980s, we traveled the same circuit as Joie Chitwood. Last November I posted some old pictures of thrill shows that I had gotten off the web and from Amazon.com and some of my father-in-law's pictures.

The day before Christmas I received an anonymous email telling me that I had to take all the pictures that didn't belong to me down. There were misspellings and a general threatening tone. The text of the email:
Hell of Hell Man from Hell has been called has left a new comment on your post "Automobile Thrill Shows":

The info in this blog is all stollen from other webpages
Where working on locating this induvidual who is stilling our hell drivers info and posting it here on this blog.
REWARD FOR ANY INFO ON THIS BLOGER

Since the poster was anonymous, I had no way of knowing who it was. I was able to tell from my blog feed that someone from Canada had visited that particular page about the time the comment was received.

I googled Thrillshow Canada and came up with your site. I took down all the pictures that were unique to your site. I did leave up some pictures that were generic (Lucky Lee Lott's book cover and the Joie Chitwood ford crossover, and one photo of Lucky Teter jumping a truck).

I asked the sender via my website which photos were causing him discomfort. I also found a clause on your website saying the photos can be used as long as they are not commercial uses. I pasted that on my website.

I received another email:
Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Automobile Thrill Shows":

Your has unreal as it gets, Dont you have your own stuff to post from your wife's days
Stop using our stuff to make yourself look big,were watching you.
I'll talk to the others about charging you a fee for posting any of our Helldrivers stuff with-out permission.
Who the hell do you think you are.
You best just move on and take your bullshit want a be show out of my face.
Now please kindly find some other suckers to build you name with.
Because knowning on this blog of yours belong's to you.
Dont you have you own stuff to post.
You wasted my time to this point
PLEASE DONT TOY WITH US

Have a nice life

This afternoon I received two more emails: Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Automobile Thrill Shows":

My name is Tim and Evel Knievel is my best choice for Daredavil Motorcycle acts.
StuntWorld1 have done a great joy Perserving the Automotive Thrill Show History & Business.
Repect give to that Website.
I say that this bloger got smart.
Yes for given www.stuntworl.com credit for using material from there Website Service.
Massage to this Bloger is give credit were credit is due and you will earn credit were it is due.
STUNTWORLD1.com is voted # 1 for Thrill Show Productions.
NOTE: THAT I charck with the owns of STUNTWORLD1.COM And DO NOT OWN THIS BLOG, NOR KNOW THIS BLOGER.
From Tim Smith of New Mexico

I have never met this Tim Smith from New Mexico, but if he is representing you and your website, you are not getting a fair value for your consideration.

It might be appropriate for you to address this issue with Tim Smith. As it is, he reflects poorly on your organization.

What Mr. Smith attempted to paste on my website: Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Automobile Thrill Shows":

All content appearing on this Web site is the property of Stunt World 1.com Copyright © 1920-2008. All rights reserved. As a user, you are authorized only to view, copy, print, and distribute documents on this Web site so long as (1) the document is used for informational purposes only, and (2) any copy of the document (or portion thereof) includes the following copyright notice:Stunt World 1.com

NO SALES OR PROMOTE ANY SALES USING ANY COPYRIGHT MATERIALS FROM : PIERRE J. LACHANCE PRODUCTIONS INTERNATIONAL. (INCLUDING STUNTWORLD1.COM )Copyright ®1920 to 2008 All rights reserved.

By attempting to paste the above statement he is reserving rights on MY website.

I enjoyed looking at your website and am dismayed by actions taken by Tim Smith of New Mexico in your name.

Here is a link to the website that Tim Smith from New Mexico had problems with:
http://bus-plunge.blogspot.com/2007/11/yellow-nash.html

Sincerely,

Jim Lee
Springfield, MO

No comments: