Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Fair Pictures

We knew Steve and Chip. Before we ran away and joined a town we were in the same business. The skeeball at the Ozark Empire Fair looked like the one we used to own -I sold it to a guy in Louisiana. Chip's death hit close to home: fair people are a close knit community and just about everybody knows everybody.
I was so glad when I read in the SNL that Chip died of a heart attack and not of electricity. All of us have had those close calls unhooking wires from junction boxes. I used to think nothing of wiring into a box direct while it was hot with nothing but a screwdriver.
Here are some photos taken in the 1940s of my wife's mother and her family's carnival




When rides were a dime and games were a nickel. Enjoy the photos.

1 comment:

J29A said...

hello this is only the enormous black oil spot of mine blog... scope of the game: disseminate the art of the chance