Wednesday, March 03, 2010

With Regret: Discovering The Ugly Side Of Politics On A Personal Level

The author of Longiswrong.com relates an unfortunate encounter between him and Billy Long:

It is with great sadness that I discuss this today. All I hoped for was to raise the debate in Southwest Missouri to a higher level that directed our country in the right Constitutional direction. Instead, I am having the deal with what I feel is a bribe, to get me to remove the Long is Wrong Web site. This is not what I wanted to bring about in the seventh district. In fact, I have a heavy heart even discussing this as I was exposed to the dirty truth of politics in America today on a personal level by a man who claims a vote for him is a vote to send a citizen to Washington
The post speaks for itself. Politics can be ugly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe anyone would want to send this person who exercises this level of judgement to be one of the 435 Members of the House of Representatives to lead our nation.

This vote is way to important to send an ethically challenged person to Washington.

Joseph said...

Wow, I had no idea about Billy Long. Definatly not going to go vote for him.