Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Move Your Money: "A Wonderful Life" From Today's Perspective.

I received a link to this video in the email from a friend who writes,

The producers of this video obviously wants us to 'move our money' and achieve some political/economic effect, but all I could think about was how this clip changed my perception of 'It's a Wonderful Life' to a financial & moral drama instead of the Xmas/angel thing. It also got me to thinking about a modern era remake of that movie (as a financial drama), except edgier and without the smarmy happy ending.
But my reaction to this clip, and the way it has gone memetically viral, suggests that people are feeling some strong 'gut-level' emotions about what is happening right now. Exactly what those emotions may be, exactly what the resulting behavioural effects may be, or exactly what relevance such an observation might have is unclear, but I can't help but think it might be important somewhere.

No comments: