Tuesday, January 29, 2008

420 Alert: Not Only Are You Going To Go Crazy, You Are Probably Going To Get Cancer Too

Last July we learned pot smokers were nuts. Now we learn from a just released study shows that pot smoking is a bigger cancer risk than cigarette smoking. The link is here.

The researchers interviewed 79 lung cancer patients and sought to identify the main risk factors for the disease, such as smoking, family history and occupation. The patients were questioned about alcohol and cannabis consumption.

In this high-exposure group, lung cancer risk rose by 5.7 times for patients who smoked more than a joint a day for 10 years, or two joints a day for 5 years, after adjusting for other variables, including cigarette smoking.
A joint a day for 10 years? Two joints a day for 5 years? Dang, that's a lot of pot smoking. You'd think they could have found something else to do.

Anyhow, this is good news for Bill Clinton, he didn't inhale. Not so good news for Barak Obama, he did. President Bush, remaining true to his character, denies everything at least since 1974.

Update: Bush admits to being alcoholic? 01/30/2008

And then there is this stuff, Salvia Divinorum.

1 comment:

The CDM said...

I did my share and a few others share of ganja torching in my day(among other things). That and being an alcoholic didn't do me any more favors, either. I don't do either now and haven't for a while now(pats self on back). I think...scratch that, I know that my past usage has played a huge role in my memory not being worth crap anymore. My concentration skills are also not too swooft.

I don't care what G.W. says, I'll bet vital parts of my anatomy that he did more coke than I ever even observed being done.