Wednesday, September 12, 2007

POOF!


Hooking up the propane lines on the Airstream,
Working to get it finished by the end of the month.
Checked all the connections with soapy water and
Tightened up loose connections.

The piece I made for the refrigerator was leaking a little bit,
so I loosened it to reseat it.
However, I did not shut off the gas and the refrigerator was running on
propane.

POOF! WHUSH! I no longer have any hair on my right arm and my fingers are red.

The other thing I noticed, I ran a new copper propane line for a gas lamp in the trailer. I ran it up the side wall by the refrigerator.

The refrigerator only cools down to 45 degrees, the freezer gets very cold, but the ice box part only gets down to 45.

Guess I'll be looking for a new refrigerator, it keeps plenty cool on electricity, but most of the time I'll be on gas.

Going tomorrow to have the screen door fixed. I found an aluminum welder here in Springfield who will weld the door if I bring the trailer to him. I am not taking the door off, I know that I will never be able to get it back on and correctly adjusted. It is easier to bring the trailer to him. Then I will get the screen put on the door.

Planning on going to the Branson Airstream Rally next month. Here is a link.

We had been pulling the Airstream with an old Chevy pickup. Last year we bought a pontoon boat but had no truck big enough to pull the boat, so our son and I went out on a mission to find a pickup.

We soon realized that the pickup only held two people, so the next mission was to find an old suburban. Found one!

No comments: