Tuesday, August 04, 2009

I Just Don't Get It, I Really Don't...

The World According To Chris Brewer has an interesting post regarding the conviction of Wisconsin man who was accused of killing his 11-year-old step-daughter by praying over her instead of seeking medical care. The man was found guilty of second-degree murder.

Read the comments, especially the first one.

I googled the step-father's name and found this website of his church. Is it really a sign from God if you flip a quarter and it comes up 'heads' nine times in a row?

"I pulled three quarters out of my pocket. I told her, “Let’s ask God to give us a sign. I am going to flip these and they are all going to come down heads, because this is Justin.” After we prayed, I flipped the quarters; and they all came down heads. She still was not convinced. I said, “I am going to do it again, and they are all going to come down heads.” I did, and they all came down heads again. She said, “Well, I don’t know, David.” I said, “OK, I am going to do this one more time, and then we are not going to tempt the Lord any more.” You guessed it! They all came down heads. What are the “chances” of nine heads in a row?"
I just don't get it either, Chris, I really don't.

Meanwhile, Fat Jack weighs in on truth.

No comments: