Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Eric Henderson 1975 - 2008

Eric Jon Henderson, 33, (a.k.a. "Killuh E" a.k.a. "Skillet") born son of Fran Henderson and Kevin Biggerstaff, on August, 6, 1975, left this world on November 13, 2008.

Eric will be remembered best for his wit, charm, charisma, sly humor and endless generosity. Eric was always supportive of his friends and family, who in his eyes were one and the same.

His lifelong passions were music and skateboarding. He was just as much a part of any local skateboarding or musical event as grip tape and turntables.

He is survived by his parents; his sisters, Angela and Jamie; his niece, Ashley (14); nephew Kevin (9); his loving girlfriend of 11 years, Lauren Crank; his daughter, Kyra June (13); and son Connor Leighton (7).

A memorial service will be held at 122 Park Central Square, in Park Central Gallery, in Springfield, Mo. Services will begin at 4 p.m. on Saturday, November 23.

In lieu of flowers, opportunities for donations to Eric's children will be made available. Please help honor his passing by bringing pictures and sharing memories.

The last time I saw Eric he was picking up his son at school. I was picking up my grandsons. We chatted a bit about the Skatepark and how his son was doing in school. I always liked Eric. I suspect he would have been proud to have been called "Riff-Raff".

Rest in peace, Eric.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just met this young man a couple of months ago, was sorry to hear of his passing. Pray for his children.

Jason said...

Condolences to his friends and family.

Sara said...

Thanks Dad for the post. Eric always liked you and Mom, my brother and the boys. I will really miss him.

Anonymous said...

Eric would always ask how I and my family were doing. And was genuine about wanting to know. I will miss talking with him. We will meet again and joke about things.

Unknown said...

Eric your children are doing amazing, sometimes Kyra will break down and cry, I always let her get it out then I tell her a good story about you and let her know not to feel bad about feeling good. She is an awesome volleyball player, she is a great person, she reminds us all of you daily. We will never forget you, thank you for everything you left us with. Until next time
Your friend
Dusty Ray

Anonymous said...

We love you. The Bottoms

Anonymous said...

Miss and love ya Killa. Thank you for the talks, laughs and joy you brought to so many. Remembering you always.

Bond 007